Sunday, September 10, 2017

Brother Time

The Remarkably Untouched Keene Friend
With my Favorite Panamanian This Morning
My ostensible brother in this life, Keene Friend, had some sinus surgery this past Thursday in association with the severe health scare earlier this year. We made our way north yesterday to spend some time with him and didn’t know what to expect. I figured he’d have two glorious black eyes and other associated bruising from when surgeons go rooting around behind one’s face. I was therefore a little shocked and entirely pleased to find that he looked completely normal when he opened the door. He’d had his face iced down for a lot of time following the procedure which seems to have saved him for looking too hideous.
Bare-Ass Cooking in New Jersey
We brought a couple meals that will hopefully last him the rest of the week. He and I settled down for some extended college football while my wife made a bee line for the tax free version of her best friend - TJ Maxx. We didn’t see her again until after 9pm. The college games weren’t as entertaining as we hoped but it was still great hanging out with Keene Friend as we conjectured as to when my Favorite Panamanian would return. It was a relief to see him recovering so quickly and this hopefully will put an end to the serious issues he faced earlier this year.
The Birthday Girl Today
This is also an important day within the family as my mother in law celebrates her 85th birthday. I’m wondering at what age it’s okay to start revealing a lady’s true age again. These are the type questions that can determine the safety/sanity of a man. Her Panamanian based children gathered around her today and my wife made an extended video call with her during which I inflicted my singing voice upon her with a searing rendition of Happy Birthday.
My Daughter Consulting with the FBR

Wingman in the Bubble Production Facility
Meanwhile down in New Jersey the FBR was undergoing intense toilet training which involved the removal of her pants and diaper for the entire day. She seemed to enjoy the streaking session (not sure where that heredity came from). It was exhausting work for my daughter and Wingman as they had to keep up with her for the entire day and rush her to the bathroom anytime she paused for  a relief break. By the end of the day, when Keene Friend and I talked with them, they’d achieved their first couple of successes after three misses. The FBR was bragging about “making bubbles”. It’s supposed to be a three day process but they felt confident enough to text my wife to buy some toddler underwear.
Current Fire Pit Status - a Few More Levels
Before we left for New Hampshire I added another level of rocks to the cosmetically challenged fire pit. My wife, of all people, actually said it was starting to look acceptable. That almost made me sad. Since the nights have been getting semi-frigid (love it) she also decreed it was time for the great annual tropical plant migration inside from the deck. After twenty exhausting minutes they were all inside. Why does it seem they seem to multiple each year?

The Plant Migration
The Bad Cinema project count remains at #3 out of 100 as, despite his mutual love for this type of failed films, I didn’t think to risk his health further by exposing Keene Friend to one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment