Thursday, September 21, 2017

Mid-Week Fantastical

The Group Last Night at Scores
The Pittsburgh Roommate and spouse blew into our hometown yesterday during their trek back to our college homecoming this weekend. He summoned the forces of the Keene High School Class of 1973 to assemble and socialize at my favorite watering hole - Scores Sports Bar. You can therefore understand how I threw out the rules of no weekday drinking of adult beverages and cajoled my designated driver (the Favorite Panamanian) to make our own trek north to join in the festivities following work.
The Boys - Pittsburgh Roommate and Keene Friend 1 on the Right
It turned out to be even more fun than I imagined and as we all know when it comes to partying I have a very fertile imagination. The assembled classmates were in mid-party form by the time we showed up. The crowd included both Keene Friends as well as a number of others I see all too rarely. I’ve written before about the ease of company of the people who grew up in the same town together and worked through the challenges of high school as a group. It helps that they are all excellent people in their own right as well.
Wife with Mr and Mrs Keene Friend 2

Mrs Pittsburgh Roommate Before She Could Get Her Hand up to Block the Photo
As usual my wife fit right in with the group and I was free to catch up with the variety of friends in residence. Keene Friend 2 seems to be flourishing in his recently minted marriage and fresh off a well-executed honeymoon trip out west. Another friend, running his own window blind business, gave me a professional opinion on whether I was getting jobbed by the Panamanian contractor for our condo blinds. There’s certainly a lot more gray hair in the bunch but they’re still every bit as much fun (more) as they were back in the halcyon days of our shared youth.  

There was a unanimous consensus that we constitute such a fun group to hang out with that next year’s 45th anniversary (YIKES!) of our high school graduation should be marked by something special. So if you are a graduate of that superb class please start thinking about something big next September. If last night’s demonstration is any indication this class has not lost its partying ability to any discernable degree, if anything it has been enhanced through thorough and extensive training.
Making this thunder run up to Keene was probably not the smartest thing I’ve ever done since I had a board meeting first thing this morning and then a deposition which I needed a clear head for. Sometimes the excellence of the company outweighs any corollary price. Last night was everything about going home and worth any price I had to pay this morning.

Meanwhile in NJ

Swinging with Dad
The Bad Cinema project count remains at #11 out of 100 since I had much better things to do last night..

No comments:

Post a Comment