Saturday, September 9, 2017

Deckzilla Evening

Interesting Weekend Ahead for this Young Lady
Definitely in the recovery mode this morning as I try to re-establish consciousness after a very fun evening out on Deckzilla last night. We moved the weekly celebration of First Friday to Deckzilla yesterday in honor of the ending of summer. We needed to come up with some reason, right? Nearly all of my subordinate managers along with spouses showed up to share the fun. My wife did her usual creative catering as well as some autumnal sangria and I, well I did put a lot of beer on ice. Even some of the political bosses showed up which went a long way in defusing the recent tension.
The Gang Gathered


The neighborhood Mafiosos also put in an appearance which created a nice mix of co-workers and friends. Even more of the mafia and neighbors showed up later which completed the excellent mix and attitude present throughout the very entertaining evening. One of my co-workers showed up with some very potent Game of Thrones beer. When I posted pictures of this on a family group text the Great Aunt objected that the pictures were not of my granddaughter and therefore inappropriate.
Party Would Not Be Complete Without the Mafia
I enjoyed the company, maybe a little too much. The combination of the exotic beers, my regular Coors Lite intake, and a glass of some sort of passion fruit combo led to an early night. I’d invited a couple friends down into the Man Cave to watch the Red Sox after most guests had departed. The combination of staying up well after midnight Thursday night with the Patriots’ debacle combined with the above abuse of adult beverages conspired to induce rest.
The Reaction to Seeing Daniel Tiger Coming On
Speaking of that august New Jersey presence, she and her parents are up for a very eventful weekend. They’ve rolled up the carpets and will attempt pantless toilet training. The latest trend in that procedure involves removing all lower clothing and diapers, hence the need to roll up the carpet. Removing the covering over the critical area apparently induces more consciousness towards controlling. At any rate – interesting times in New Jersey over the next two days.
We’re gearing up to drive north to New Hampshire to check in on the recently operated on Keene Friend. By all reports he claims to be feeling better but he’s been known to undersell his maladies in the past so we’ re going to verify for ourselves and I get to hang out with him as well, so win win.

Early this morning, during recovery operations I knocked off the next in my series of 100 bad sci fi films project.  The count rises to #3 out of 100 with truly bad TV type movie – Moon of the Wolf.
She Likes Stripes

No comments:

Post a Comment