Friday, September 15, 2017

Friday Getaway

Changing Bunny's Diapers Since She Doesn't Need it Herself Anymore
Not much time to write today (you are most welcome) as work is lifting its unwelcome presence in the most inconvenient ways. Fortunately I have the forces of Friday to combat that with combined with another trip to New Jersey to report for babysitting duty. I can only hope Wingman and my daughter do not run out of marriages to attend because we are summoned whenever they have to journey to one. Quality time with the FBR is truly an event in and of itself. I will not let this intrude on First Friday celebrations as those involve my sacred duty to my subordinates. The Favorite Panamanian may actually get to drive some this evening.
Prepping the Floor for Our Arival Tonight
Yesterday was the first day I didn’t have a project to report to after work. I reflected that it was the first time in a very long time (since we moved into the house in 2016 that I didn’t have something planned. That meant extended time in the Man Cave and my bad cinema project. The trip to New Jersey will thankfully take me away from that for a few days as my IQ is definitely taking a battering watching this drivel.
I also finished the next in L.E. Modesitt’s excellent Imager series with Imager’s Battalion. I just cannot put these books down. This book is a direct sequel and has the understated hero Quaert leading a full scale invasion of the bad guys up north whose own invasion he thwarted in the last book. It’s a great examination of the political infighting at the strategic level with Modessitt’s typically awesome descriptions of close combat as Quaert uses his growing imaging talents to win the day. I’ve never read a Modesitt book that didn’t make me think and hope for more. His streak is intact as I’m already on to the next one in the series.


The Bad Cinema project count rises to #8 out of 100 with a twofer The Horrors of Spider Island and The Wasp Woman. I feel I left some brain cells on the floor after watching these – but so much fun.
Bunny Also Needed a Bath

So Blessed I get to Hang with the One on the Left This Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment