Saturday, February 7, 2015

Finally Success but Tempered

I was on pins and needles for the past couple days waiting to see if my Hail Mary passport procurement efforts would bear fruit. I monitored the process from afar as the company I went to reported the passport was enroute back. Shortly after noon I checked the tracking number and learned it had been left on my front porch. Based on the way my luck has been running I drove home from work to insure the winds didn’t bury it in the front yard snow.
With My New Passport
Buddy was surprised and not a little pleased with an early arrival to break his daily wait for humans. He performed some snow swimming while I retrieved the passport. The joy of the new passport is tempered with the weather reports. I needed the passport to travel on Monday morning. Yet another snow storm starts tomorrow and is supposed to run into Tuesday with 10 to 15 inches+. My only hope is that the brunt of the storm doesn’t come in until later on Monday and my flight can get out.  Was it only a couple weeks ago that I remarked on the complete lack of snow?
Brew City Yesterday With the Operations Manager Thanking My Excellent Boss
I hate having all this hovering over the prospect of reuniting with the spousal unit and tropical temperatures. Since my son and now the ABFA are flu stricken they will not be joining me today as planned. The Keene Friend is journeying south to co-pilot a Rhode Island thunder run where he is known as “the Senator” due to his resemblance to the serving Rhode Island US Senator. 

First Friday celebrations were well attended and the best boss in the world even paid for the entire party as a bon voyage gift. (just hope I get to do the voyage part) Brew City even had the Super Bowl replay on most of the screens. The waiter reported game day was crazy at the bar with the place literally exploding at game’s end. There were some very confused Japanese exchange students besieged with the requirement to high five without really understanding why.  

No comments:

Post a Comment