Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Herculean Icy Brain Issues

It’s official – I’ve watched too many movies.  I received a Netflix movie and last night was half way through the thing when something looked familiar.  I then realized that I’d seen this same movie less than a year ago and had totally forgotten that I had.  It wasn’t a very good movie but that doesn’t make me feel any better.  Either I’m getting old along with some early dementia or I’ve just seen too many movies and my brain cannot retain any more information in the movie section.  I’m going with the second theory.
My Wife Yesterday in Boquete
I’ve received some additional photos of my wife’s adventures in Panama.  She took her mother up into the mountain village of Boquete for the town fair there.  Based on the green grass, palm trees, and flowers I’m guessing it’s a little warmer there than around here. 
My Mother in Law Yesterday - Nice to See Her Laughing After a Tough Year
I Think my Wife Had Something to Do With That
This separation won’t be as bad because I get to go to Panama fro a bit unlike last year.  I’m really ready for a vacation.  I didn’t take one last year because of a major project at work but I’m so ready for a cold Atlas beer while sitting in shorts and a t-shirt admiring a Pacific Ocean view (photo to follow next week – hopefully).
Pictures Don't Do Justice to the Beauty
The Flowers Are Nice Also
The weather is a little cooler here although still of the schizophrenic variety.  It rained hard all day yesterday with temperatures in the 50s and then everything froze overnight.  I literally skied down the driveway this morning when I went for the morning paper and I don’t ski (well at least until this morning).  The drive into work was interesting but at least we’re far enough into winter that everyone seems to have remembered how to drive in icy conditions.  November and early December are always an exercise in horrified fascination as drivers, a lot of them very young, experience winter driving conditions. 

Before everything froze last night I got out to see yet another movie, further filling the overstuffed hard drive on my shoulders.  The Legend Of Hercules was exactly what you’d expect.  As a kid I loved the b-movie Saturday afternoon Hercules movies and this one joins that list of solid action with hardly a breath of acting.
While it was certainly a B-Movie acting exposition the special effects (except for a really sad Nemean Lion) were top notch.  Considerable license was taken with the Herculean legend but this was about getting as much fighting in as possible, never a bad thing in a Herc movie.  Although this is a brand new movie I couldn’t help feasting on a helping of nostalgia from those Saturday afternoons watching earlier versions of Hercules cutting a swath through mere mortals, and it got me out of the lonely house for a couple hours.
Yesterday
I've been remiss in my fashion statement photos lately for which I was roundly counseled on telephonically last night by my wife.  She has been monitoring and so far I'm getting a passing grade; today's might be a stretch. 
Today

No comments:

Post a Comment