Saturday, January 18, 2014

Deployment Day

Finally, the time has come to depart the frozen tundra for tropical climes.  I’m waiting for the airport van to arrive and it is decidedly too early, especially on a Saturday, for my conscious participation in the day.  I’m willing to make the sacrifice for the reward of a certain small Panamanian lady at the end of today’s journey.

Yesterday was consumed with an overwhelming sense of time slowing down simply because I needed it to speed up.  My excellent boss decreed a First Friday was in the offing to mark my departure and I did not feel inclined to dispute his motives.  It was a nice send off from the people I work with and I didn’t rub in the fact I would be on a beach next week when they were dealing with the aftermath of the January thaw (too much).  Brew City provided the more than adequate setting for this gathering of like minds and thirsty throats.
Brew City Last Night
Returning home to a Buddyless abode I stopped long enough to speak with that Panamanian lady who tried to instruct me in locating a needed item from her make-up paraphernalia drawer.  She sent a picture, through my daughter, to show me what I was looking for but it was of little help.  Apparently this item is vital to her continued existence so I selected the three closest suspects and assured her I found the one she was looking for.

The house was entirely too quiet so I made my way to Zorbas to bid farewell to the ladies of Zorbas who elevate Friday nights  with their pulchritude not to mention delivery of beer and pizza.  The gorgeous one even stopped by to say hi and inquire about the location of my wife (so I was one for two).  Since vacation had officially started and Friday is also keto vacation day there was some chocolate cake and ice cream sent down range as well.
Zorba's - Way Too Empty Without My Usual Date
My return home involved final packing and suitcase weighing.  My wife called to report that the makeup crisis had been averted and she had located what she needed down there.  This after having her daughter and husband jumping through hoops for the better part of the day for which she was completely nonplussed.  She’s lucky she’s so cute. 
There Were Compensatory Factors In Play Though
I’m posting this very early and hopefully the next post will be Sunday morning from Panama.  All of that will depend on the location of an internet connection and the ability to function after a spousal reunion.  Failing that, I will take good notes and fully report on the tropical depredations I accomplish (well, most of them, at least). 
 
The house sittters are in place to watch over the house while I'm gone and everything seems to be ready.  I'm so ready for this vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment