Monday, November 19, 2012

Patriots Beatdown

That's Right!
The end of the weekend left just my wife and I in the house which seemed incredibly empty with the departure of our weekend guests.  We (and by this I mean I) had the NFL Redzone to quell any sadness.  Any show that comes on with the announcement – “Are you ready for seven hours of commercial free football!” has my complete attention and abject devotion.  I have a stack of blu rays to watch after a too generous birthday gifting but they sat untouched yesterday.

The Patriots put together a nearly complete game, so of course they lost two of their best young players, Gronk and Chandler Jones, to injury.  Indianapolis came in with their usual posturing on defense where every simple tackle had to be celebrated (something I detest).  By the second half you could clearly see that the Patriots had imposed their physical will on the smaller Colts and it looked like boys trying to play in a men’s league.  The Patriots running game was not working so they just shifted gears and pummeled them with the passing game.  It looked like some of the Colts players were barking at Brady.  That always pisses him off and this time he responded like the assassin of his earlier years, methodically dismantling their defense.  A great win against an up and coming team but any joy has to be tempered with the loss of two key players. 

I know the next couple of days are going to crawl by because I’ll be so psyched for Thanksgiving – my second favorite day of the year.  My daughter and son in law come in on Wednesday and then we’re up to New Hampshire for Thanksgiving Day with my father’s family followed by the annual Friday bash in Rhode Island.  The Patriots are playing the hated Jets on Thursday as well so hopefully they give them a Colts level dismembering. 

To help speed up the week I have yet another doctor’s appointment today to try and figure out why my ear keeps bleeding.  So I got that going for me!
Welcome to New England Mr Talib!
Get Back Soon Gronk!

No comments:

Post a Comment