Saturday, November 17, 2012

Birthday Redemption

The Gang at Brew City Last Night
Yesterday I had about as much fun as is legal in Taxachusetts. My birthday fell on Thursday which dampened enthusiasm a little bit due to the unfortunate intrusion of work responsibilities. I did manage to get both my wife and son together for a lunch that day which was definitely the highlight of the day.

Yesterday all forces converged for a truly memorable celebration.  My boss organized a First Friday get together at Brew City with a great turnout of current and former work colleagues gathered.  My son was traveling to our home for the weekend and since Brew City was on the way he stopped in as well.  Finally my friend from Keene was coming down so he picked up my wife and they both joined us as well. In other words this was a marvelous crowd and we dominated the room.  I think the best times are when you can gather round the people most important to you and just enjoy the interplay – so much fun.

Since the M.E.G. was also travelling down we had to adjourn to insure she didn’t arrive at an empty house.  After a short pit stop at the house to pick her up we continued the frivolity at Zorbas.  We’re fairly well known to the manager so he was real apologetic when there wasn’t a table immediately available.  We set up at the bar and continued the banter, including a combined singing of happy birthday to my sister on the phone that caused the entire restaurant to cease conversation (she’s more than worth it). 

We didn’t even notice the time passing but the harried manager came by a couple times to apologize.  I told him not to worry because we were having too good a time to even mind.  He ended up buying the entire group a round of drinks.  We finally did get a table to devour a couple of the mystical Zorbas pizzas.

We ended the night back home where we filled a gaping hole in the M.E.G.’s movie watching experience.  She had never seen the uber-guy’s flick – Road House.  She was a good sport and tolerated the excess testosterone flowing as Dalton and Wade Garrett cleaned up the Double Deuce yet again. 
A truly superb day due to the people I got to spend it with.
The Group "Suffering" at the Bar at Zorba's

No comments:

Post a Comment