Thursday, November 29, 2012

Basal Redux

At The Council Last Night
So I got the expected news yesterday that the biopsy they took from my ear came back as cancer.  It’s treatable and I have an appointment on December 10th to discuss treatment options with the good doctor.  I say good doctor but have you noticed how difficult it is to actually get to talk to a human at most doctors’ offices.  I’ve had more experience in the last few months than I really care for but trying to call this office was a real pain.  I first had to get through a menu of options, none of which fit my scenario.  I picked one and the phone rang ten times and then went to the old, “We’re too busy to talk right now but leave a number and we’ll get back to you”.  They then call back at the least convenient time possible – like when I’m having a meeting in the office with all my department heads.  So I got to share the news with them also.

The high point of the day was another lunch with my son near where he works.  I find that I really look forward to these times because I see so little of him since he fell in love with the MEG.  I don’t blame him, she’s a much better option and I was young once, seemingly just a little while ago.

I also had another opportunity to appear in front of the Worcester City Council last night, actually a sub-committee.  A semi-blind passenger petitioned for a bunch of new bus stops which did not make sense.  I was sent to testify to that effect.  Sounds simple except when you appear in front a board of elected officials and have to argue against coddling a disabled person.  They televised it via local cable and a guy came up to me today and said, “They just didn’t want to hear what you were saying, did they?”.  So that was fun.

So after coming home after this very long day at work I was greeted by Buddy, the Wonder Pooch, wearing a striking white ribbon around his neck.  My wife always accuses him of being gay and yesterday she put her opinions into action.  She had been cleaning the basement and Buddy wanted to play.  She would put something into a trash bag and Buddy would promptly steal it out of the bag and get her to chase him around trying to retrieve it. If she refused to chase then he would simply tear the item to pieces which created another mess to clean up.  My wife finally had enough of this nonsense and draped the flowing ribbon around his neck when he stole that out of the rubbish.  He looked a little put out when I go home but it was a nice comical ending for a very trying day.
Buddy Looking Appropriately Embarrassed Last Night
High Point of the Day - Lunch with This Guy
Low Point of the Day
 

No comments:

Post a Comment