Sunday, April 22, 2012

Yard Day

Rewarding Lunch
Friday was a good day, as earlier chronicled; the boss was so pleased that he took me out to Five Guys for burgers!  I didn’t day it was a huge accomplishment – but a Five Guys burger is an excellent reward.  Friday night the wife and I scored our normal Friday night pizza at Zorba’s.  I didn’t blog yesterday because I spent literally the entire day outside working in the yard.  A friend came down to help with the yard work Saturday morning.  We had to put up the canvas for our deck awning and it was not an easy job.  The canvas, mainly the points used to attach the canvas to the frame, were badly damaged in last year’s hurricane.  I was trying some jury rigged repairs when my friend suggested we get some industrial strength velcro.  Off we headed to Home Depot and I reluctantly agreed to let the wife accompany us.  I’ve written earlier about her shopping acumen but this was not the time for her to demonstrate those talents as we had a lot to do.  I stopped by and ordered four yards of mulch delivered to the driveway.  While at Home Depot I gave my friend a lesson in tracking down my wife at a store when she didn’t want to leave.  He thought I was kidding until she spotted us from a distance and quickly turned down an aisle to get away.  We returned after a safe capture and extraction.  The Velcro turned out to be a great solution and we power washed the house and repaired some driveway damage before we got down to the major task of spreading the huge pile of mulch that had been delivered.  My friend was huge help as we used the trusty tractor and trailer and deliver the mulch to the various flower beds my wife has established around the yard.  She was hovering during the operation offering her expertise and tasking us to plant various new flowers before the mulch was down.  We were finishing up the last of the pile as the sun was starting to set.  We were sore and tired but the wife rewarded us with some truly inspired steaks and several really well received beers.  A long day but a lot accomplished and it did keep me away from that damned French puzzle – so my mind got a rest.
Velcroed Save
Puzzling Progress

No comments:

Post a Comment