Thursday, April 19, 2012

Organization Day

I wrote a couple of days ago about my wife purchasing a new closet organizing system.  Yesterday was organization day at our house.  Luckily I escaped for the day to work.  Well, lucky would be a relative term.  I had to make a couple of presentations on our new fare box to an assisted living complex.  My boss volunteered that I spoke Spanish so at the end of the presentations I was cornered by a middle aged, blonde, Hispanic trans-sexual with cognitive issues (I’m not kidding).  Apparently all of the other residents avoided him like the plague.  It was obvious he wasn’t really interested in the new fare box but just wanted to talk to someone.  While I was talking to him I noticed his nail polish and how much my wife would have appreciated it.  He ended up being a pretty nice guy, I think.  Meanwhile back at the homestead Buddy was hiding out as my wife went into high gear with re-organization.  My wife approaches everything in life with a great deal of passion and that certainly applied yesterday.  When I got home last night she was totally harried and still wearing the same pajamas that she woke up with.  She had a huge pile of her boots out on the back deck which Buddy found fascinating but was smart enough to stay away from (he’s taken to “watering” some of the wife’s relocated roses – something she’s not discovered yet – I predict pain).  I was given a stern lecture on all the clothes I have that I never wear and that a huge pile of them were destined to be donated to charity.  I didn’t choose to remind her at this point that she is the one who buys all my clothes and if I have too many, well….. Again, sanity surfaced before I could respond honestly.  Since she was on a roll she took me into the bathroom where she pointed out the new organization there.  My tie rack had moved for the third time and everything I use in the morning, from medication to aftershave was now hanging off the back of the bathroom door.  It was obvious she had been at this all day and I complimented her on her “improvements”, even if I didn’t agree with some of them.  This is the type of thing that she never had the time for when she was working so I’m glad she took the time to do it, no matter how painful for Buddy and me.  After my lecture/tour I went downstairs for further frustration with that friggin French puzzle which has now become a bona fide obsession to finish and to watch the latest Red Sox debacle.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! Dad you have to take a picture of the puzzle when you're finished! And keep it made for when Jesse and I visit!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have set Franco-Parker relations back decades with this damned thing.

    ReplyDelete