Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Dental Day


Today I had the first appointment in getting a crown on the tooth that I had the root canal on just before Christmas.  I’m still not sure I truly understand the process but today I rushed out of work to get to the office on time and then had to wait for thirty minutes in the waiting room.  I really think there should be some kind of bank for wasted time.  I can only imagine if I was thirty minutes late the kind of indignation I would get from the dental clerks.  If they made me wait thirty minutes today then I should have some leeway next time – fat chance.  I can’t get angry at the dentist.  She’s a very nice Korean-American lady who goes to our church.  My wife and I have watched her three children grow each Sunday.  They have all been born since we arrived here.  This is the first time we’ve been in the same place long enough to witness that kind of thing.  I took the afternoon off to wait the wearing off of the Novocain, but it’s really not that bad.  I think I wrote earlier in this blog that my mother didn’t have the dentist use Novocain on me until I was about twelve which made my cavity fillings up to that point an extremely uncomfortable experience.  Since then I learned that my older sister always had Novocain so I think my mother was trying to toughen me up and save some money.  My sister claimed I couldn’t be right but I clearly remembered the first time I had Novocain and wondering at the lack of pain.  I got home and found the Velcro had semi-failed on the awning out back.  I jury rigged something using a stapler to affix the strips to the canvas.  I just need one more summer out of it, so we’ll see.  Buddy was a big help, protecting me from the robins which had the temerity to land in our back yard.  Tonight is date night and I’m trying to convince the wife to see a chick flick while I see a horror movie – a long shot at best.

No comments:

Post a Comment