Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I’m The Lucky One – I Saw The Cabin in the Woods


GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!
Last night was the weekly date night with the wife.  I faced a conundrum in that the new movie out was The Lucky One – one of those Nicholas Sparks uber-chick flicks that I am more than a little reticent to see.  My wife was extremely excited about seeing it so I knew she would be going to that movie.  I had to figure out a way to finesse my seeing something completely different.  She was a little upset because we’re supposed to see the same movie but I explained to her that I would rather go back to the dentist again rather than seeing Zac Effron emoting for the ladies.  Luckily I was able to compare schedules and ensure her that the movie I wanted to see would get out at the same time as hers.  She reluctantly agreed and I was free to see the Cabin in the Woods.  I’d heard some good things about it and Joss Whedon was involved in the making.  I was totally blown away by the movie – IT WAS AWESOME!  How it was possible to generate a new angle on the slasher horror movie just amazed me.  The cast was smart and the script was incredibly funny and intelligent.  There were some subtle odes to past horror movies like the cabin itself was a replica of the one from The Evil Dead.  I cannot say enough good things about this movie.  It was still macabre but had so many truly funny moments.  I really can’t say too much about it because it will ruin some of the delicious surprises offered and I do want you to go see it.  It’s such a rare opportunity when a movie can combine two seemingly opposite genres such as comedy and horror so successfully – go see this movie.  The night was a complete success as I got out two minutes before my wife did and she came out glowing from all the estrogen offered by The Lucky One.  She said if I had attended her movie I would have been the only guy in the entire audience.  To top it all off the Red Sox won their second in a row – demonstrating they can beat other bad teams.  I’ll keep watching – I’m a Red Sox fan and this comes with the territory. 
Not So Much (If you have a Y Chromosome)

1 comment:

  1. Amber and I saw Cabin in the Woods this weekend and I liked it, too! It was so clever and really, really funny. Amber and I couldn't stop laughing!

    It was also Thor before he even started filming Thor, that's how long ago they made this movie!

    ReplyDelete