Saturday, April 28, 2012

Worcester Weekend

Zorba's Last Night
I get to spend the entire weekend working!  This has been something planned for months and it has arrived.  All of the managers for my company will be spending the weekend down in the center of Worcester explaining to our customers about the new fare boxes that will go into operation on Monday.  Bus riders hate change and this will be a big one so we are trying to get out in front of it.  At least the day promises to be cold with temperatures in the 30s this morning.  Everybody else has been dreading this weekend because we’ve done this in the past and we always end up talking to some of the crazies that haunt every big city.  I kind of look forward to that. For the most part these are just lonely people and we are invading their domain.  The boss came around yesterday giving everybody a small bonus for all the extra work that has gone into this project – he’s a great boss.  The wife and I went to our normal Friday night haunt and had pizza at Zorba’s.  If you're ever traveling through central Massachusetts on Route 20 you should stop in at Zorba's in Charlton.  It has a great atmosphere an doesn't take itself too seriously.  I love this place.  We have a lot of memories tied up in there as that is where we go whenever the kids come back for a visit.  I think that’s why I like going so much, on a certain level it brings them closer and that is a great feeling; plus I had a very cute date.

No comments:

Post a Comment