Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Reunion Tuesday

So, I got the wife back yesterday.  She was a little (lot) tired after spending the better part of two days packing boxes for her friend down in Rhode Island.  When I got home she was getting ready to prepare dinner but since it was date night I sent her upstairs for a nap since she looked like someone who had just finished a long run.  Buddy and I made dinner, although truth be told Buddy’s lone contribution was eating anything that fell on the floor, well, and companionship.  The wife came down after an hour and claimed to be fully refreshed and ready to head out to the movies. She asked what movie we were going to see so I told her American Reunion.  We had seen previews for it and she laughed so I thought we were good.  My wife has become extremely selective and downright hard to please when it comes to movies.  This started about five years ago and I can’t figure it out.  She objects to foul language, sex, and nudity in movies (basic food groups for me) so she excludes a lot of movies I love.  She has actually walked out of a few movies if she finds them offensive and the offense meter is set pretty low.  The lights had just gone down and the movie started and she looks at me accusingly and says this is about the American Pie series!  I said yes, and I thought she liked them (she did but this was before she became selective).  She was looking for an escape route, I recognized the moves but instead she settled for a pissed off pose in her seat (something I also recognized easily from extensive experience).  It didn’t help that the movie started out with male and female masturbation scenes, I thought I was a goner.  She stuck it out though and about halfway through the movie I caught her laughing at a couple of scenes.  As we were leaving the movie she volunteered that the movie was very funny and she had enjoyed it.  The movie was okay and did have a couple of laugh out loud moments but was nothing special.  I’m glad this set of actors has this franchise because it seems that it’s all they’ve got.  I’m hoping that having sat through it she’ll come out of her self-imposed exile a little.  I was the one brought up in the home of the Puritans, not her.  Well the Puritanical teachings of my ancestors didn’t really take with me so I guess that’s a specious argument.  I had a good time and so did she.

No comments:

Post a Comment