Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Doctor Lockout

Yesterday was kind of a mundane day.  Work seemed to drag a lot worse that usual, I think it was an after effect of enjoying the previous fifteen lakes day on Monday.  I normally don’t drink beer the day before I have to work and that may have had a little bit to do with it.  I found the pictures of the missing lakes from yesterday’s post as well as a picture of the roads I was talking about – see below.  I also had a doctor’s appointment yesterday, a normal follow up.  During my retirement physical from the Army in 2005 they found some “nodules” in my abdomen that they wanted to monitor.  I underwent a series of CT-scans over the next year and they were assessed as benign but with the plan to check again in five years and we’re at that point.  In 2005 this scared the hell out of me although I said nothing to anybody.  There was a lot of stress anyways with the retirement and move back to New England and I didn’t want to alarm anybody, especially the wife who take alarms to a whole new level.  This was just a preliminary visit and the doctor will be reviewing the films from 2005 and 2006 prior to scheduling the new scan, finger crossing time.  At least the day ended well with date night with the wife, although she was a little pissed when Buddy managed to get my new pants dirty.  I think she gets more pissed that I don’t get angrier about it – still trying to figure her out – 30 years and counting.  We went to see the movie Lockout – a Luc Besson, science fiction effort.  The special effects were a little cheap in the beginning but the two stars were very good, Maggie Grace from Lost and especially Guy Pearce from Memento.  He was in Bruce Willis territory and totally nailed it – he just made the movie with some absolutely great one liners.  One of the villains, Joseph Gilgun, was mesmerizingly evil – check out his photo on IMDB to see what I’m talking about.  Definitely a good movie, if with a lot of plot holes, we’re talking Besson here not Hitchcock.  A great way to end a mundane day.
One of the Roads My Co-Pilot Objected to
Lake #5 - Thorndike Pond - Monadnock in Distance
Lake #4 - Gilmore Pond

1 comment:

  1. That guy Joseph Gilgun joined the cast of that British tv series 'Misfits' in season 3. (We watched the first season in Panama!)

    ReplyDelete