Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Strange Interlude

This is kind of a strange time for me.  I’ve never gone back to the same place I have worked before.  While in the military I changed jobs regularly, almost like clockwork every 2-3 years, but never back at the same place and the people always changed anyways.  Now I find myself back in the same office that I sat in three years ago.  Most of the people are the same and I really like working with them – that is, in fact, the biggest reason for returning.  It’s still really strange though on some levels.  I am reacquainting myself with all the systems and hoping not to confuse them with the similar but different systems from my old job.  I want to be immediately relevant and launch myself in my duties but I have to relearn some things and that is frustrating.  When I left here I was the “go to guy” but now I am in most respects, “the new guy”.  At the same time, it has only been two days – maybe I ought to give myself a break – sorry – not in the cards.  I love a challenge though and that is how I’m going to pursue this.  It just feels weird to walk into the same office and sit at the same desk after three years have passed.  I’m always talking about going home – well employment wise – I’m there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment