Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Lodging a Complaint

I have never had a high level of tolerance for complaining.  I’ve always thought you shouldn’t complain about something because that time should be spent trying to address the problem instead whining about it.  What amazes me is that I am in a very successful marriage with a woman who could take the gold medal for complaining – she really is that accomplished.  She knows how I react to complaining but can’t help herself – I must really love her.  I feel bad for my kids because while growing up they heard a lot of “stop whining” from me.  During the many long road trips that attend a military family’s life they would inevitably ask me, “How much longer?”  I would always add 200 miles to the answer I had given them the last time they asked the question.  People that work for me know they shouldn’t come to me with a problem unless they also come with a proposed solution to that problem.  People need to own the circumstances of their lives and not allow the everyday frustration that is present in all lives to overcome the empowering feeling of taking charge and not just bitching about it.  Now that I think about I am now complaining about complainers.  In a larger sense this whole blog thing I have embarked upon involves a lot of complaining.  What the hell, I have a lot of complaining stored up.

No comments:

Post a Comment