Monday, November 21, 2011

First Day Back Home Again

Today was my first day back at a job I left three years ago.  I’ve written earlier concerning the reasons I made this decision.  I started enjoying the day when I spent less than half the time commuting to work.  It only got better after that.  Apparently I am remembered fondly here by a number of people.  I spent the day acquainting myself with the changes over the last three years and throughout the day a large number of people stopped by and told me how thrilled they were to have me back.  One even baked me a bunch of chocolate chip cookies and remembered that I didn’t like having nuts in them.  Those who know me know that my ego does not need any help whatsoever but this was good day.  I had a real feeling of coming home and I am looking forward to the challenges of this new job because it’s with a bunch of people I like and respect.  I even found out who stole the refrigerator out of my office and its coming back tomorrow.  I think I’m going to have to swim twice as far tonight due to all the cookies I’ve eaten today, at least I’ll be buoyed by this feeling of contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment