Friday, November 4, 2011

De-Bozoed

It looks like I will have to retract my earlier comments characterizing the corporate guy I met earlier this week as a famous clown.  I received a call last night from my former boss (the guy I really like to work for) that the guy actually liked me a lot and went back to corporate to fight to hire me.  Apparently I am going to receive an offer letter today that has all the offending language removed.  This is exciting for all the reasons I listed earlier – the best - I get to spend more time with the wife.  She has been incredibly loyal for thirty years as I dragged her literally all over the earth and then left her with the family for extended periods while I was out playing Army.  I encouraged her to retire last year because we really didn’t need the money she was making.  We talked a few weeks ago that she really likes the free time but that I spend so much time driving to and from my current job its almost like I’m back in the Army working 12 hour days all the time.  She was wondering where all the time together was that I promised after retiring from the military.  So, if the offer is as characterized, I am going to take it – she’s worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment