Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Let the Delving Begin

Yesterday saw the return of the FBR to her pre-K classroom for the first time since the start of the Pandemic. She was justifiably psyched to escape the confines of her house for the first time in months for school which she loves. I’m sure Wingman wasn’t too upset to finally have a moment or two to himself during the day after serving as a surrogate teacher/den mother since March. The FBR was also excited because three of her very best friends/neighbors were attending the same school. She seemed totally sanguine about the entire day when we caught up with her after school. I couldn’t help but notice a certain twinkle to her eyes though.

Ready for First Day
Nearby Garbage Truck Kept her From Smiling

Back in School

With her Buddy

Wingman is a huge NFL fan (who isn’t) and loves watching the games with his neighborhood buddies. Pandemia, of course, tried to throw a wrench into the festivities this year but they met their match in Wingman. He borrowed a projector, figured out how to connect it to his internet service, and created a football theater in his driveway, with the screen in the garage. This meant he and his buddies were able to watch the games in a safe environment.

Wingman's Theater

Yesterday I was once again running around Massachusetts visiting a couple of the GMs I now supervise. I ended up making a huge circle by heading north to Greenfield and then south to Springfield before returning to Worcester. It was a nice ride with the trees starting to show the first signs of impending autumn. My Favorite Panamanian made me a lunch which I ended up eating at a rest area on the interstate between the two visits. My second visit was with a former coworker and she was a little concerned about my various health challenges September contains.

Looked Even Better after Dark

That was one of the reasons I made the trip yesterday. I wanted to get it done before I was indelibly marked up again. This morning saw my return to the Mohs Surgical world. They were delving into two sites, tip of nose and back of neck, to eradicate the basal skin cancer cells detected there. This was the sixth and seventh time I’ve had the surgery so I’m very familiar with the procedure. I was hoping to get away with one cut for each site but that was not to be for the nose. It’s not as if my nose isn’t prominent enough and it already bore the scar from another Mohs surgery. They ended up having to take three different cuts on that one which created a crater that necessitated a skin graft. I’m going to polish off my tall tales of my life as a knife fighter to explain the various scars I’ll now have.

My Newest Acquisition

I don’t want to mislead you but none of this was very much fun. I’ve got to wear a pressure bandage on the nose without changing it for an entire week. It’s already playing havoc with the facial recognition means of opening my phone and computer. Glad I wrote those passcodes down. The pain is just starting to waft in now as the lidocaine wears off. At least this is over, for now. The second of the three medical procedures I’m facing this month is over and all I have left is the big one, a week from Friday. I got this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment