Saturday, May 30, 2015

Worth Wait

Successful Link Up
A very short post today because I have miles to go and more importantly time to spend with a collection of the most important people in my life. A very brief First Friday was interrupted by the need and overwhelming desire to drive into Boston to pick up my Cali-Daughter and Wingman who flew in for the weekend. The normal 45 minute drive was transformed into a two hour ordeal that was only mollified by a dense fog bank which delayed their flight long enough to insure I was there to greet them.
Two Very Happy Future Grandparents
In a side note I do apologize to the SUV owner in the central parking garage that I used to mask an emergency call and the contamination to his front tire. The drive did take more than twice as long as anticipated. Fortunately the long wait for the flight and drive in allowed the outbound traffic to dissipate and 45 minutes after leaving the airport we were pulling into Zorba’s.

My wife arrived shortly thereafter and saw her daughter in the flesh for the first time since learning she was pregnant. I warned my daughter ahead of time to expect emotion and my wife delivered. Too much fun but I expect today to trump that and that’s where I’m headed. Frail Deeds Dancer out.
The Greeting




No comments:

Post a Comment