Friday, May 8, 2015

Apologies for Intruding

Alright, I know I promised I would protect you all from my writing for the next week during our cruise. I’m only breaking that promise for one day and because I have some fairly dramatic news to report. I think we’ve sold the house!!! The first people to see the house when we put it back on the market came in with a strong offer which after some intense late night hand wringing from my favorite Panamanian we decided to accept. It was a lot more emotional than even I was prepared for. She was crying, the neighbors were crying, and I was struck by an overwhelming sense of nostalgia. Then I looked at the driveway from hell and remembered last winter and I was at peace with the decision. The coolest thing is that we’re selling it to a young couple with three young sons. This house deserves a family instead of a couple middle aged wanderers such as us. Even cooler, they share their last name with the ABFA, at least her maiden name. Seems like it was meant to be, but some intense scrambling called for when we return – such as finding a place for us to live.

1 comment: