Thursday, May 21, 2015

Progress

Finally felt a huge surge of relief yesterday from the most pressure I’ve felt since civilianizing. We finally reached an accommodation with the buyers on the radon levels which helped but the big event was finding a place to live once we move out in late June. All this took place at the same time I was deeply involved in a day long negotiation session with the union. During the lunch break my wife joined me and we snuck out to inspect the potential rental home.
Wife in Front of Our Future Home - Notice the Short Driveway, YES!!!!!
The home turned out to be perfect and is less than five minutes from work. The location is not without peril as it is immediately next to the home of my wife’s fellow Panamanian and shopping enthusiast. These great people and cherished friends first clued us in on to the house. I may have to seize credit cards before leaving for work each day. I kind of surprised myself that I was so excited about almost eradicating my commute. I was talking big story about moving to Keene and making a daily hour plus back and forth commute to Worcester each day. I guess I was lying to myself about that. I am looking forward to getting into the city and being closer to amenities not to mention friends – I really am ready to move.
Wife at Zorba's Last Night Sliding Away
I felt so relieved by the end of the day to put these two huge issues behind us that I took my wife out for dinner and then we stopped by stalwart ole Zorba’s for a couple of very uncharacteristic work night drinks. I think the wait staff was a little confused about our mid-week appearance. I guess they assumed we only existed on Friday nights. My wife was able to indulge in her cruise inspired discover of the venerable mudslide.

We head down to Panama on Saturday for the third time this year to finalize (or at least I’m promised but that’s what they said last time) paperwork. One of my wife’s relatives posted these pictures earlier this week of the massive new Panama Canal that is nearing completion. They were allowed to tour the new canal and it looks impressive. It is being constructed right next to the old American built canal.


No comments:

Post a Comment