Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Maxing Out

Monday was not content to screw with me just on the first day of the work week but colluded with Tuesday to extend its reign of terror. The cold continued apace whilst work descended in unrelenting waves once everyone realized I was back. On top of this miasma the realtor called to report the buyers want us to install a radon mitigation system in our basement before completing the sale; since I was in no mood to brook such an additional cost I rather tartly responded with an absolute “no”. So we’ll see how much they really want the house, my wife and the ABFA (I’m sure) will relish this development.
Their New Home - I'm Told There's A Lot Less Snow on the Ground
Speaking of the ABFA and her husband, my favorite son, yesterday was a huge day as they finally closed on their dream house. While talking with my son last night I could hear that special lilt in his voice telling me how happy he was. The ABFA already had him taping up walls in preparation for painting. Since we’re traveling this weekend (again) we won’t be able to get up and see them for a couple weeks. I’m so proud of both of them for pursuing their dream.
ABFA Posted this Photo Today
My wife was freaking out when the news came on last night and reported the Norwegian Dawn, the ship we cruised to Bermuda on last week, had run aground off Bermuda. It was kind of surreal to see the stalwart ship helpless and the all too familiar scenes from the ship playing out on local and national news. Too bad, the captain seemed like a very nice guy, but he’s probably “floating” a resume as I write this. Luckily no one was hurt and the ship was freed late last night, still kind of weird though.
Eerie
We have a new front runner for the best picture I’ve seen this year and it’s not even a close race. Mad Max Fury Road picks you up from the first scene of an unfortunate two headed lizard’s demise and deposits you two hours later absolutely spent from the unrelenting action. While this may have Tom Hardy billed at the title character this is Charlize Theron’s movie despite Hardy being a fantastic reboot of the character Mel Gibson lofted to iconic status.

Max is making his way through the desolate landscape dodging marauders and memories when he’s accosted by the minions of a truly terrifying warlord. His subsequent road to escape and teaming up with Theron is amazing in the minute details, the horrific battles, and the stunning exterior shots. Make sure you see this movie and see it on the big screen to truly enjoy it. Be warned though, you may leave needing an oxygen mask – great movie!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment