Thursday, November 6, 2014

Virginal Healthy Outcome

I am acting on strict orders from my elder (but seriously, not that much older) sister that I fully disclose the result of all my interactions with the health profession.  She claims I have a bad habit of underestimating or assigning less concern than is needed to some of my earlier dealings.  She’s a nurse so she feels this is completely within her purview to demand or she cares about me, one or the other.
Anyways I take great pleasure in reporting the results of my annual physical which transpired yesterday.  While the actual process of nether region probing is less than pleasant – the results of the lab work were.  My doctor seemed a little mystified at how I have doubled my good cholesterol level over the last two years.  I lay the blame directly at the feet of my Wing Man, the keto guru himself.  Since I have really good medical insurance, the doctor, in the past, always tried to figure out a way to get me back in a few times a year, to “monitor” certain things.  This year he was stumped and I don’t have to go see him for another whole year. 
Rescued!!!!
Some great news out of Philadelphia last night as the young lady who was brutally kidnapped a few days ago was found alive and well.  Her kidnapping was captured on video and law enforcement leveraged that film into the leads that eventually led to her rescue and the arrest of the animal that kidnapped her.  Kudos to the heroes that made this happen.

Our daughter has done it to us again.  Just when we weeded out all the television shows that we “had” to watch to just a couple she spring Jane The Virgin on us.  I have not laughed as hard as I did last night in a long time.  Imagine Arrested Development cross bred with a Spanish telenovela and you’ll get an idea of the fertile comedic ground.  My marriage long experience of a wife trying to explain her telenovelas to me only made this funnier.  If you get a chance, check this show out – too funny for accurate description.

No comments:

Post a Comment