Saturday, November 15, 2014

Crashing for my Birthday

My Morale Inducing Crew Last Night
Interesting sequence yesterday going from the highest peak in morale to the absolute lowest.  I just got back from work and found my son just arriving – hence the peak.  To complete my best birthday present – having both my kids and Wing Man, I needed to get down to New Haven Connecticut to pick up the other two.  I was rushing to get out and meet the train with my wifely co-pilot when I backed straight into my son’s car in the darkened driveway! What a dumbass!
My Cara Sans Tail Light
I’m always the one warning everyone when someone is parked there since my wife did the exact same thing a few years ago.  My wife tried to blame herself for distracting me while I was backing as she tried to recount her day since I had hurried her into the car but this was clearly a base failure on my part.  It certainly ruined the day for me and I decided to cancel my planned birthday pub crawl until my wife, son, daughter and Wing Man refused to even consider this.  They told me to stop feeling sorry for myself and buck up – easier said than done.
My Poor Son's Abused Car
The drive down through Connecticut with only one tail light was a little tense but I was too angry with myself to do anything else.  We ended the night at Zorba’s where my incredible crew did an admirable job trying to lift my spirits. 

Late last night my wife and daughter snuck on my Facebook page and posted a series of photos from the distant past which had the intended embarrassing yet extremely fun reactions.  I’m not going to write much as I’ve got to try and get the tail lights repaired before heading for Keene and some taverns with our names on them.  The tentative Pub Crawl sequence:
Elm City Brewery
Penuche’s
Cobblestone
McCue’s
Lab and Lager
Pour House
Scores Sports Pub

Maragraita’s

No comments:

Post a Comment