Monday, November 10, 2014

Plasticized Endangerment and Religious Buddy

My wife’s latest endeavor to protect me from myself is to forbid the further use of plastic containers in microwaves.  I’ve got to keep her away from the Lifetime (Evil Men) Channel.  She saw something on that stating it is dangerous to eat anything nuked in a microwave using a plastic container.  I did some checking and some fairly reliable sources (Harvard Medical School and Web MD) both state this urban legend is not true.  However since it’s the latest health alert for microwave dependents such as me (all my lunches) I am now the proud owner of a glass container to heat up my lunch along with some strict wifely guidelines.  That is until glass is declared unhealthy and then I’m just going to start a bonfire in the parking lot.
Buddy Deep In Prayer
We had the hopefully last showing for the house yesterday which coincided with church time.  This meant Buddy the Wonder Pooch got to go with us for the first time. His form of prayer turned out to be barking maniacally if anyone came near the car. 

The afternoon was spent in standard Autumnal Sunday afternoon positions on the couch reveling in the awesomeness that is the NFL Red Zone.  Since the Patriots were off for the week this meant the entire time was spent softly enfolded into the warm arms of football nirvana.  We had an uphill climb against us in fantasy football since we were taking on our son AKA the League Commissioner this week.  We noted that the scores seemed to magically adjust throughout the afternoon even when no one was playing – hence the uphill climb feelings.  He and the ABFA called late in the day and he adamantly denied any involvement in adjusting scores.  I only got a half of football out of my quarterback but since he threw six touchdowns in that span it was okay.  We’ve got a fairly comfortable lead going into tonight’s game but is any lead really safe when facing the commissioner.
My Wife Yesterday with All Her Accessories
My wife is valiantly trying to become a football fan – spurred on by the fascination with her (our) fantasy football team.  She’s not ready to abandon her other pursuits though.  She had three different phones, her I-Pad, and the Sunday newspaper at her station next to me on the couch.  She occasionally saw some of the action on the field.

We had numerous reports of PanaGal activities down in their home environment throughout the day.  My wife’s comadre was trying (and failing) to look innocent while La Chaparita was fully decked out for some folkloric dancing.  I don’t think they were watching much football down there (just guessing).
Innocent - I Don't Think So!
Bringing on the Dancing Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment