Monday, November 24, 2014

Catching Up

Yesterday was spent in heavy dancing date recovery operations as middle aged bodies are not designed to withstand the kinds of stresses a night out dancing with my wife calls for.  Even she was a little circumspect about physical activity yesterday.  The incredibly fickle New England weather is up to its usual seasonal hi-jinks.  Yesterday was almost balmy, today we’re getting a monsoon like downpour and Wednesday we supposed to get six inches of snow.  I don’t think I’m being a habitual complainer if I think this is a bit much (at least I don’t live in Buffalo – gotta keep telling myself that).
Yesterday my wife and I were matched up against the only team we had not beaten in fantasy football – the dreaded ABFA.  She got out to an early lead before we caught and drummed her into the ground.  We have a thirty point lead going into tonight’s game with two players left to play to her one.  My wife, of course, felt bad for the ABFA.  I’m not sure she grasps the whole concept yet.
Someone who does grab the concept of football are the Patriots who once again delivered a stern beating to a Detroit team that came in boasting the league’s best defense.  The game was over by half time as Brady picked apart the vaunted defense using his entire quiver of weapons.  The Lions were a hard hitting bunch which I’m sure caused prior opponents to wilt but the Patriots seem to revel in that kind of game.
Men Against Boys
I ended the night watching the Giants and Cowboys game and saw the best catch I’ve ever seen in any kind of football game.  A defensive player was mauling a young Giants receiver who shook him off, bent over backwards and made an impossible one handed catch for a touchdown.  I was watching live and even the announcers were stunned.  They called the pass interference but then said, “Wait a minute – I think he caught it!”  It was one of those moments that make watching sports worthwhile. 

The Catch - “Wait a minute – I think he caught it!”
Of course it will be over exposed over the upcoming days as we’re forced to relive it over and over and learn what the young guy’s shoe size is. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t have his own reality show by the end of the week.  Seeing it when it happened though was a pure moment though.  I’m just surprised, since it was a Giants receiver, that it wasn’t done against the Patriots to cost them a Super bowl. 
Also in NYC the Curbside Gals were Bacheloretting One of Their Own
My Daughter (far Right) Took Time Out off Packing to Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment