Monday, March 5, 2012

Wasted Artistic Trips

Buddy's Cousin
Yesterday was another day of heavy preparation for the return of the wife to the house.  I’ve pretty much given up on reaching her standard of cleanliness; a month and a half of bachelor living can be hard on a house.  I’m reaching for the standard where I don’t spend an extended period in the wife’s doghouse.  Speaking of dogs, I’m amazed Buddy has any fur left on him when I consider how much I cleaned off the floor this weekend.  When we first got Buddy, a short haired black lab, my wife was pleased about the short hair.  She really struggled when we had two long haired golden retrievers who shed a literal blanket of fur.  My sister, who knew, told my wife that the short haired dogs were even worse.  My sister was right.  It seems like every time he twitches another cascade of fur descends.  Luckily my wife has loved all of the dogs involved but she usually directs her ire at me, the canine advocate in the house.  After I was assured of my son’s safe arrival in Bishkek I finally escaped the house yesterday.  I had a close cousin hospitalized this past week and I arranged to visit him.  He lives about 30 miles away and I enjoyed the drive through the snow covered back roads.  I arrived to find an empty house.  When we talked on the phone I learned he got held up at a banquet and so we didn’t get to see each other.  I jumped on the highway for the return trip and decided to see the movie, The Artist, which was so rewarded recently at the Oscars.  I left the movie having enjoyed it but at the same time wondering at all the hype.  I didn’t think it was that good – certainly not good enough to warrant the praise being heaped upon it.  This will be the first film in my movie blog that I’ll review that I don’t own because right now I don’t plan on buying it when it comes out.  I returned home to Buddy and the next puzzle.  I’m so ready for my wife to come home, well almost, still got to finish cleaning the house. 
I Don't Get the Hype

No comments:

Post a Comment