Saturday, March 24, 2012

King Redemption

Yes, Master
Okay, I am totally freaked out right now.  Yesterday I had the temerity to actually question Lord Stephen King when it came to his novel Under the Dome.  I questioned whether he still had the ability to keep my attention and my allegiance.  Shortly after I wrote that I followed my normal lunch routine and opened up the book to continue what I had considered up to that point, wading.  The book actually took off for me as the good guys finally started to fight back and I found myself in my normal "King Zone" - totally engrossed in the book.  It happened so quickly that I sat back after ten minutes reading and said out loud - WOW!.  However the spookiest thing was yet to come.  You'll remember that in yesterday's blog I mentioned one of my favorite characters in reading - Jack Reacher, from Lee Child's series of novels.  As I was quickly turning pages all of a sudden one of the characters in King's novel was described as follows, "she was a great soldier and had the personal recommendation of Jack Reacher, the toughest soldier I ever knew."  I was actually stunned.  I thought for a moment that King had some sort of mystical ability to react to my negative comments and change the book I was reading while I was reading it.  Ridiculous, of course, but there is still a part back in the animal part of my brain that wonders.  The bottom line is that I am back in love with King again and thoroughly enjoying this current book.  I apologize profusely for doubting the master.  I am not worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment