Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Viva Panama! Day 1

Where I'm At Today - I asked my Wife to Marry me in the Spot in the lower Right Corner
I arrived in Panama after a long day of traveling.  I got up at 3am and drove to Boston where I caught an early morning plane to Miami and from there on to Panama City.  I was flying American Airlines which for once was actually on time with both flights.  Considering my past history with them this was a major victory.   I still don’t understand how they determine the zones for boarding because there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason.  I had virtually the same seat on both flights but I was zone 2 on one flight and zone 4 on the other.  American did live down to their usual standards on customer service where they make you feel like you’re imposing on them with your presence.  It was all worth it though when I walked through the doors here in Panama and saw my wife.  We really have been apart too much.  My wife’s brother in law was driving and he took us on a tour which included some of my old stomping grounds from 1981-1984.  I can’t believe how much has changed but there was a lot of nostalgia in the wind.  My wife surprised me by renting a hotel room instead of the usual stay with her family.  A very nice surprise that allowed us some much needed time alone together.  We just got back from a dinner at an outdoor cafĂ© with a group of my wife’s family.  I really enjoy the instant familiarity and welcome I always feel with these great people.  We head out at 4am for the six hour bus ride to my wife’s home town where we’ll spend most of the rest of the visit.  It’s nice to be on vacation and traveling from sub-freezing weather to the balmy tropics.

No comments:

Post a Comment