Thursday, March 22, 2012

Is My Wife Controlling the Weather?

Weather Mage?
Today we’ll have 80 degree sunshine in Central Massachusetts for the second day in a row.  I’m not complaining, just in wonder because, come on, it’s March 22d!  This follows up on a winter that we had only two minor snow storms.  I only used one small bag of salt for the driveway for the entire winter – last year that was a single afternoon’s worth.  This has led me to speculate that my wife has somehow learned to exert control over the weather.  She has an almost insidious ability to control events in my life and maybe she has decided to spread her wings even further.  As a native of Panama she is definitely not in favor of cold weather.  When we moved into a new house I would always tell neighbors not to worry if they didn’t see her outside for the several months – that only meant that the temperature was below 70 degrees.  I think I can trace her decision to exert control back to last year’s brutal winter.  We also had a hurricane, an earthquake, and a couple of tornadoes – almost felt like California.  She decided to spend February down in Panama and that’s when the weirdly warm weather started.  It’s just a theory at this point but I think I may be on to something.  I’ve often underestimated her power, to my sorrow in most cases, and I’m going to be careful.  Luckily she’s not as fickle as "normal" New England weather so maybe this will be an improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment