Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Favorite Daughter Visiting

My Incredibly Gifted and Beautiful Daughter
My daughter has been visiting since last Saturday, along with her invisible cat, Pee Wee.  Pee Wee’s invisibility is in direct correlation to Buddy’s somewhat boisterous personality.  Whenever my daughter brings Pee Wee he ends up spending most of the time underneath her bed while Buddy roams the landscape.  Pee Wee does emerge once Buddy is safely ensconced for the night in his cage.  My daughter lives a pretty fast paced life in New York City with her musician husband and I love it when she can spend some time with us – if for no other reason than to slow down and decompress from her daily stress.  We’ve watched a few movies together and generally enjoyed just spending time together.  She also showed me how to use the scanner at home; she is my guru for all things technical.  We went to see John Carter on Sunday which was okay but last night we went to see 21 Jump Street which had all of us rolling in the aisles.  It was so funny – Channing Tatum is definitely more than just a pretty face – he has great comedic timing.  I’ve always thought that truly funny comedic acting is much tougher than dramatic acting so he’s been elevated in my opinion.  Unfortunately I’ve got to release my daughter back into the New York City maelstrom tonight.  We’ll be taking her down to New Haven, Connecticut to catch a train to the city. She and her mother are coming to the office shortly so I can take them out to lunch – so that’ll help but I miss her already.  I’ll just have to make sure the cat goes with her, Buddy will insist.
Pee Wee The Invisible Cat

1 comment:

  1. It was a wonderful time, Dad! I hope to come again real soon with Jesse and the Invisible Cat in tow! Pee Wee is currently roaming the apartment, like he owns it. (He kind of does, he spends the most time in it.)

    ReplyDelete