Thursday, December 22, 2011

Early Morning

I came into work this morning at 4a.m.  That’s when most of the drivers that work for me start coming in and today we bought them coffee and donuts.  It gives the managers a chance to thank them for their hard work and to wish them all a merry Christmas.  It was great for me because I was able to say hi to many of the old employees that I had not seen since I returned last month.  I’ve found as I get older that getting up in the morning is much easier; the Army helped a lot with that.  I stayed up until 11p.m. last night helping the wife stuff Christmas cards but I was still able to bounce out of bed at 3a.m. I use the term “bounce” in its most liberal sense.  At least I did not walk into any walls today.  The commute was also extremely cool, I saw only three cars for entire ten mile trip into work.  The funniest reaction was from my dog.  Usually he is bouncing up and down and begging to get out of his cage when I get up.  This morning he just looked up at me with a look like, “What the hell, why are you waking me up this early!”  He had a rough night as we had a series of thunder storms pass through and they totally freak him out.  He seemed really pleased when I left and turned the lights out.  The best part about today is that I pick up my daughter and son in law this evening and they’re with us through Christmas.  The great turkey hunt ended last night and the avian sacrifice to yuletide tradition is carefully awaiting it’s fate in the freezer.  Christmas spirit is starting to reach a fever pitch – could not be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment