Thursday, April 19, 2018

Lions and Bears and Turtles

Turtle Tracking with the FBR

The FBR continued her conquest of the greater Worcester area yesterday by directing her abuela to take her to the Ecotarium. It’s a child oriented nature museum set in the middle of a Worcester residential neighborhood. I’ve lived/worked in Worcester for more than a decade and have never been there other than driving by it a couple thousand times. It turns out to be a pretty cool place for kids, at least from the breathless report I received from the FBR last night when I got home.
They had a Playground there Also




She was particularly enamored of a large turtle she spent a lot of time tracking in its tank. My wife’s camera ran out of juice half way through the expedition so I didn’t get to see all the fun but the FBR was still bouncing off the walls when I got home a couple hours after their return. Of course she’s usually bouncing off the walls regardless of stimulation levels so I may have read too much into it.




It never gets old to come in from the garage after work and have the FBR barreling towards me at a dead run to deliver one of her trademark hugs. While her presence has been a challenge for middle aged energy levels it has been an absolute delight to have her in residence. I found myself muting the television news this morning and listening to her expound on the baby monitor while awaiting her 7:30 wakeup deadline.
Evening Tea with Abuela

Such a Great Face to Wake up to
Her buoyant personality has been needed on another April week trying to masquerade as February. WE had sub-freezing temperatures for most of the week and another snow squall this morning. Apparently Mother Nature never got the memo about starting spring. We’ll probably just straight into summer. Spring is such a tease.
Deckzilla this Morning
Our April Sucks!


No comments:

Post a Comment