Monday, April 16, 2018

Blessed Exhaustion

Our Beloved Boarder

I’m trying to figure out what is so strenuous about trying to keep up with a two year old. I know on the surface the answer to that question lays in the six additional decades I’m lugging around but I pride myself on staying in fairly good shape for someone my age. Still I find myself utterly exhausted by the time we put the dynamo that is the FBR down for her nap and or the night. It must be a combination of the constant attention required along with the physical exertions of repeatedly getting up and down from the floor.
Deckzilla this Morning
Tea Party with Abuela


We had a lot of plans today since I have the day off, thank you Patriots’ Day. Mother Nature had other ideas though. I awoke to yet another couple inches of snow coating everything and since it’s past mid-April the city hadn’t planned on or at least certainly didn’t conduct any street plowing. The FBR, upon seeing the snow, was delighted and said we needed to get out on the back deck so she could throw snowballs at me (her exact words).
Throwing Ball with Grandpa



She’s been an absolute joy to have around the house for the past couple days. She and her abuela had a tea party last night when the FBR noticed my wife had some tea with dinner. The FBR has a richly deserved reputation for poaching food from others but they both seemed to enjoy the exchange. She is training me to lie on my back next to her while we throw a ball into the air. Luckily she take responsibility for all the errant throws so all I have to do is throw the ball and try not to fall asleep.
Showing Grandpa How to Load the Fridge


Creating Octupi


Finger Painting!


Since we were housebound this morning my wife broke out the craft supplies and the kitchen table soon looked like the remains of a futuristic battlefield. There was finger painting, sculpturing and a very esoteric octopus created. The FBR also constantly volunteers to help and quickly takes charge and starts issuing instructions. This morning she counseled me on my breakfast egg scrambling and the proper way to load the refrigerator with water bottles. I’ve also received a block of instruction on the proper way to assist her to somersault. So much to do, so little time (and energy). Cannot remember being this happy.
Somersaulting LEssons

Off to the Next Adventure


No comments:

Post a Comment