Sunday, April 29, 2018

BRS & the Abuela


I Suspect These Two Will be Good Buds

There was a reunion of sorts yesterday up in Stratham, New Hampshire. My wife spent the first week of the BRS’ existence with her but hadn’t seen her since due to an extended time in Panama and a couple of other assorted reasons. She had been truly anxious to reunite and yesterday saw that come to pass. We loaded up the car with the bags of FBR clothes donated last week as well as the usual abundance of food my wife never fails to prepare when she is going to encounter our Favorite Son. I have it on good authority there was a chocolate pie involved.
A Co-Worker Fighting Cancer Stopped in at First Friday - Highlight of the Work Week
I don’t know for certain there as any recognition involved but as soon as we walked in the BRS and my Favorite Panamanian were as thick as thieves. I was able to pry her granddaughter away from her on a couple occasions but my wife certainly made the most of the reunion. The BRS is more expressive each day and she seemed to be genuinely intrigued by the near constant stream of Spanish aimed her way. My wife did relinquish her hold for the brief spells required for feeding and naps.
She Likes the Spanish

Bonding with Abuela - Riggins in Background

It was easy to see that the ABFA and my son have established a routine as the reality of having a child has settled in nicely. My son is especially adept at the walk around the house rocking walk to induce sleep ploy. The BRS smiles each time daddy takes over. I tried my hand at it as well but lacked his home field advantages. The BRS spent our entire walk together coolly assessing me to the point I felt I was found lacking in her eyes; maybe I should have tried some Spanish.

It was a nice family day spent hanging out together. We reincarnated their grill from its winter rest for some steak immolation and discussed an upcoming wall building project. Riggins scurried around vainly trying to reassert his dominance in the attention chain. While he failed at that he was still a lot of fun charging around except when he tried to sit on the BRS during her floor time.

During the brief interlude my wife did not have the BRS in her arms she organized the huge amount of clothes the FBR donated to her cousin. It was memory time as we saw many of the clothes associated with FBR memories passed on. I believe the BRS is set, clothes wise, for the next 18 months. This will do nothing to assuage my wife’s need to shop for her but one can hope.
The BRS Dominating a Ribbon


I enjoyed sitting on the couch next to my son for a long time watching both the Bruins and the Red Sox. It brought back cherished memories of similar times before he went and grew up on me. We still have the high five after Bruins goals down pat although with a little more circumspection with the BRS dozing in his lap. Riggins benefited from our time there as the ABFA got him outside to play more than the BRS-centric lifestyle usually allows.
Son Demonstrating the Nap Inducing Rock

Meanwhile in New Jersey
It was a very good day. We tried to video in our daughter and the FBR but they were decisively engaged with an impromptu neighborhood barbecue that sprung up so contact was fleeting. My daughter did provide the following video showing the FBR dancing with Wingman at his restaurant before it opened for the day. Hearts melted.


I Did Get a Couple Moments with my Granddaughter



No comments:

Post a Comment