Thursday, April 26, 2018

Hockey Night in the Man Cave

BRS - Yoga Girl

It goes without saying that the Panamanian hockey tradition is about as deep as the ice that forms on their rivers. In other words – non-existent. I was therefore heartened when my Favorite Panamanian directed that we watch last night’s game 7 matchup between the Bruins and the Maple Leafs. I’m still in the acquiescent mode as she is recovering from her procedure and figured when she decided to spend the evening with me in the Man Cave that I had some rom-com movie in my immediate future; so, like I said – heartened.
It was a great game as the Bruins dangled defeat in front of us until the final period before squashing the very talented Maple Leafs with four unanswered goals. Dedicated hockey fan my wife is not so she spent most of the game next to me engaged in various phone conversations. She did look up for the goals or to caution me when my exuberant language went a little too far south. It was a fun night together. We switched back to the Red Sox game between periods as they were also playing a Toronto team. It was a bad night for Toronto which went 0 for Boston in both contests.
How can She Be This Big - So Fast!
As you can see from the accompanying pictures the BRS continues to grow exponentially. My Favorite Son reports that the ABFA took the BRS to mommy-baby yoga class. The yoga was a lot more successful than the subsequent first ever attempt at a restaurant lunch with other class participants. I didn’t get all the details on that but one can imagine a two month old’s etiquette challenges. Her cousin the FBR reported in from New Jersey last night with her usual energy and parent confounding motivations. At one point she stole her mother’s IPad and took her grandparents on a tour of her ball tent.
Boston’s success against their Canadian neighbors was not the only triumph that made yesterday special. In a completely unprecedented move I was able to negotiate a contract extension with the union in a single sitting. It still has to be ratified by the membership but compared with the labor history of this union it is nothing short of astounding and a tribute to the union leadership.






No comments:

Post a Comment