Thursday, June 18, 2020

Oh Deer!


We live on a hilltop in a fairly large city surrounded on all sides by neighborhoods. We have a small, wooded hilltop behind us that’s home to a surprisingly wide range of wildlife – rabbits, foxes, cursed squirrels, a porcupine, and even an occasional bobcat or coyote. I was back at my puzzle last night when my Favorite Panamanian summoned me upstairs in a very excited yet hushed tone. She pointed out there was a full grown deer in our back yard.
Our Visitor Last Evening

From the Kitchen
She thought this was awesome and told me to be very quiet so as not to scare it away. I felt it incumbent upon me to tell her that the deer was probably sizing up her vast flower garden complex for snack time. I was then immediately ordered to head outside and run off the foul beast. When summoned I had just finished off my house wide window washing project. Note to self – do not call for post work inspection when the sun is setting because every little streak is highlighted for the inspector to note.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment