Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Garden Girl

I wrote yesterday about my Favorite Panamanian’s return from abuela duty with the BRS and BR3. That return included an expansion of her vast garden complex with some New Hampshire acquisitions joining the fold. In case you didn’t realize it from my sometimes acerbic tone towards the garden complex I’m a huge fan of what she’s accomplished. I may complain about being the brute force and ignorance she uses to create the gardens but I love how she can transform the yard from the dour vista after winter to the spectacular splash of color it is now and remains throughout most of the summer. I’ve included photos here to give you an idea how great everything looks today. The pictures do not do it justice.
My Favorite Panamanian at Work Last Evening
After work yesterday I spent a couple hours on Deckzilla conversing with her while she puttered around the deck’s flowers bemoaning the inroads of the literal herd of chipmunks anchored to her back yard garden. They’re taken to burrowing into her potted plants which is not very smart on their part. My Favorite Panamanian is married to a trained killer. Chipmunks would be a stretch though.
Front Side Yard

Front Yard

Front Yard

Side Yard

Back Yard Terraces

Deckzilla's Climbing Vines
She later descended into a rare visit to the Man Cave ostensibly to help with the latest jigsaw puzzle but spent the entire time online checking on possible deck improvements. She’s a little like capitalism – she has to keep growing/expanding. During one of my trips upstairs to see a man about a dead horse she corralled me into a tree vendor’s website and a few minutes later we had ordered two more additions to the garden. I better get the shovel ready. She is relentless. A former Army buddy also married a Panamanian gal from my wife’s home province of Chiriqui. After our combined experiences of nearly a century of marriage to Chiricanas we are both convinced they are capable of true witchcraft when it comes to their husbands. It’s the eyes.
Next in my Own Trek
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment