Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Schooled

BRS Demonstrating some of her Inherited (from ABFA) Athletic Prowess

My Daughter and Wingman breathed a huge sigh of relief after the first two days of the FBR’s pre-school experience have been an unmitigated success story. Since I have supreme faith in the young scamp (I am, after all, a grandparent) I was not surprised in the least. This was a young lady seeking challenges and I’m sure she’ll flourish in this new environment after leaving a more traditional day care environment. Wingman reported on the second day dropping her off the FBR made a bee line to hug a classmate who’s apparently her newest best friend. She even had some homework last night which was on her schedule post dinner/grandparent call.
Heading out for Day 2
The BRS faces a similar adjustment shortly as she will be transitioning to the toddler center of the day care facility. She seems more than ready and to already have identified her new boyfriend there, if the accompanying video is any indication. That’s her on the far side of the glass wall flirting with her future beau. I told my Favorite Son it looks as if he’s going to have his work cut out for him in about thirteen years. Those days are far off as last night the BRS was ruling the dinner table with imperious hand gestures indicating when he or the ABFA had permission to approach her.
She Does Have an Artistic Side
Date night brought us to the movies (I know! – of all places) and we took in Long Shot. After seeing this movie I am more convinced than ever that Charlize Theron can do anything. She is so good as a high powered secretary of state working for an extremely low power president. This movie could be classified as extremely high fantasy to believe that Seth Rogen would stand a smidgen of a chance as a romantic interest for Theron. However it works and that’s a tribute to both actors although most of the heavy lifting is done by Theron. Theron’s character was Rogen’s babysitter back in the day and hadn’t seen him before he literally stumbles into her life as a speech writer. Rogen, to his credit, holds his own and somehow, against considerable odds, their relationship works. There are some really funny moments laced throughout as well as a lot of heart. I really enjoyed this.  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent FiancĂ© & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment