Friday, May 10, 2019

Flattened


It’s been a really busy week at work and I was pleasantly pleased that the traffic into work was almost non-existent. That is, until my car made an ungodly racket shortly after I entered the interstate. It sounded like I had some sort of alien creature trying to eat his way into my car at 60 miles per hour. By the time I got over to the breakdown lane the noise had subsided and I thought something had just gotten trapped under the car (hopefully not a construction worker). By the time I made the final turn into work the tire pressure light popped up. When I got out in the garage at work I found I had a hook embedded in my rear tire. Apparently someone’s tie down strap had fallen off and my tire thought it might be interesting to pick up.  The racket I heard must have been the strap banging in tire well until it broke off. On the upside the guys from my maintenance section got a big kick out of seeing the boss changing his tire while cursing a blue streak. Nothing, however, can diminish the fact that today is, wait for it, the First Friday of the Week!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                            
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent Fiancé & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment