Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Right Sided Sleeping

BRS Offering me Some Flowers
ABFA Sent these Pics to me Post Op 
The latest iteration of dermatological excavation on my face was completed yesterday with yet another session on Mohs surgery. I think the Worcester dermatologists are about to select me as their poster boy. In reality the many misspent years of my youth running around the sunny climes the Army sent me to without sunblock are likely to blame. Yesterday went about as smooth as I could have hoped for. Great Aunt took a day off from work to be my designated ride home, which was not needed but was medicinal in its own right to have her at my side.
Sewed Up Cut
They got it all with the first cut which to anyone who’s been through Mohs is a best case scenario. I made the mistake of agreeing to let them show me the incision before they sewed it up. There’s something disconcerting to see a gaping hole in your face as I didn’t realize such a big cut was in the offing. I really like the surgical team who greeted me like an old friend which didn’t stop the pre- and post- op scripts which I’ve just about memorized. The doc sewing me up was one of those talkative types and kept asking me questions. This was problematic since he was, as I said, sewing up the side of my face at the same time which made speaking a bit of a challenge.
My Good Friend - The Pressure Bandage
I received the de rigueur pressure bandage which makes people think I’ve been shot in the face or have an advanced case of leprosy. This prohibited sleeping on my left side but apparently my subconscious didn’t get the memo as I sat bolt upright around 2am when I mistakenly turned over to that side. I’m supposed to keep it on for 24-48 hours but there’s no way I’m showing up for work again tomorrow with this monstrosity attached to my face. I do get to grow a beard over the next couple weeks which will be kind of cool.
Both granddaughters are on the mend for their winter colds. The BRS seems a little ahead in progress as she was back to bellowing at dinner last night. This could have been because she was having her first ever serving of mac and cheese. It’s a tribute to her breeding that she was so pleased with this delicacy. The FBR was still in snuggling mode as she unbelievably slept until almost noontime (truly unprecedented). Wingman was manning the co-snuggling position and I was able to get a couple small smiles out of the FBR. Wingman reports this morning that she seems to have turned the corner is getting back to normal.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent Fiancé & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment