Friday, August 10, 2018

Welcome News and Wingman Incarnations

BRS Getting Ready to Crawl
I had my “big” medical appointment yesterday and I emerged with pretty good news. I recently had an EKG test which came back as abnormal. This was a bit upsetting as my mind immediately latched on to the memory of my mother’s too early demise due to heart disease. That’s the problem with getting old – everything is worst case scenario immediately. Yesterday I had an appointment with a cardiologist who administered another EKG and gave me a thorough exam. He opined that he didn’t believe there was anything to worry about as except for a minor issues which he described a possible, non-threatening, “wiring problem” (his words, not mine) everything else about the test looked healthy. In an abundance of caution he’s having me take a stress test in a couple weeks which will be a lot of fun given my bad knee – getting old is so much fun (definitely superior however to other options).
My Assistant and I Took a Retiring, Beloved Employee out for Dinner Last Night
To Brew City - Of Course
In BRS news she’s now a full six months old and continues to charm everyone within range. She’s getting her first taste of semi-solid food which will make her diaper changes all the more fragrant. She seems to like the food but more so because she gets to chew on the spoon when it is introduced. She seems to swallow the food almost by accident after chomping down on the delivering spoon. The FBR was much too busy to speak with me last night as she is gearing up for her first ever “big” train ride today with both her parents into New York City. They are linking up with some visiting friends and will spend the day in Central Park which the FBR excitedly explained to me included a brand new (to her) zoo.
Purple Haired High School Wingman
Speaking of Wingman I acquired some photographic evidence of some of his prior incarnations. I’m glad I got to know him and the deep qualities he possesses because if you told me my daughter would be marrying the guy from high school with purple hair – I might have had pause. His former rock and roll band also posted some pictures from his heyday in that incarnation. They featured his signature move of a handstand from his keyboard. Since I’m writing this for my grandchildren I think it’s important they understand that Wingman was once almost as cool as their granddad.
The Handstand






--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent Fiancé & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latin friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment