Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Moh Bettah

A short post today (you’re welcome) because I spent some early morning hours under the surgeon’s knife as they continue their effort to make my face look truly tragic. I had my third bout with Mohs Surgery this morning as they carved out a thankfully small spot of basal cancer cells just under my jawline. For the first time they caught it all on the first cut and didn’t require subsequent delving. I’ve got to wear this bulky bandage for the next couple days and made the mistake of letting my Favorite Panamanian back into the room to hear what my restrictions are for the next couple weeks. She is nothing if not vigilant.
My Chick Magnets look for the Next Couple Days
This was the first of the medical hoops I have to jump through over the next couple weeks and I’m happy to have it behind me and that it was so small. We got it over so fast I was able to get to the office before lunch time. I’m going to have to come up with a really good story to explain all these facial scars and I’m thinking about claiming a former life as a knife fighter would be a good start. I’m just glad it’s over, for now.
Thank God it Was a Small Spot!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent Fiancé & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got invole din planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latin friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment