Thursday, August 30, 2018

Immersion

Best Breakfast Company - Although it Does Require Sharing
I find it so much harder to go into work this week and it’s all because I have a certain 2 year old clinging to my leg and begging me to stay and play as I try to get out the door. I’ve taken to listening to the baby monitor during my solitary breakfasts because she normally wakes up before seven but dutifully remains in bed until her alarm clock lights up at 7:30. The early morning soliloquys are priceless as only a two year old’s stream of consciousness can be. She cycles through her favorite songs and then comments on missing her mom and dad as well as reviewing the big events of the prior day. This morning she sneezed and then blessed herself.
Helping Abuela out with her gardens

Lunch with New Friend

Yesterday saw me squeeze in a lunch with the FBR and the two Panamanians as my wife had taken the FBR shopping near my office. The result was a Peppa Pig figurine set and hat. Peppa Pig is the newest fascination following in Elmo’s and Daniel Tiger’s wake. My wife looked up apologetically when I walked into the restaurant because she knew I was on a time crunch and she had inadvertently invited (if that’s even possible) the next door neighbors and their granddaughter to dine with us. It turned out to be a good thing as the FBR and the newly 4 year old soon were chattering away on the importance of Mac and Cheese and comparing water bottles.
At the Bus Company



Pool Time with New Friend

Post Pool Popsicles
They followed me back to work where we took a moment for the FBR to climb into the driver’s seat of several buses in the garage and sound the horn (I warned the maintenance staff ahead of time). We have an ambulance bus for major emergencies and she was fascinated with the bunks installed in that one. Since construction was in full swing her subsequent nap had to be completed in the Man Cave as the garage roof was being sawed off on the other side of the wall to her bedroom. Kudos to Deckzilla Dude for working through the record heat and humidity yesterday.
BRS Also Checked In




I came home to find her well rested and ready for another pool session on the oppressively hot day. She was soon joined by her new friend and they splashed happily around the small pool. During one turn the FBR accidently turned over and fully immersed her face under water which had her leaping to her feet sputtering and crying, obviously very scared. Once she calmed down we were able to laugh about it and I told her the importance of closing her mouth when she went under water. After a few minutes of consideration she was back in the water as if nothing had passed, a true warrior. Part of this morning’s soliloquy involved telling herself that she was going to tell her dad that she put her whole face under water. There was a hint of pride in the statement.
De-Construction Progress


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent Fiancé & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got invole din planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latin friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment