Thursday, August 2, 2018

Weeding Out

Summer Sprite AKA the FBR
I find it difficult to watch the news anymore because of the inevitable ridiculousness emanating from the White House. I’ve kept mostly quiet because I know the passions at either end of the spectrum need nothing to launch into one of their patented tirades either defending the Twitterer in Chief on one hand or equating him as a certifiable spawn of Satan on the other. I, like most of America, has taken the approach we are going to wait him out but boy is it hard.
It seems like each new day brings another lower level of inane comment emanating from the president himself. I now question whether he is doing permanent harm to the office itself. Yesterday his response to the Mueller investigation wanting to ask him about obstruction of justice was to launch into a twitter tirade in which he obstructs justice. I have to assume attempts have been made to get him off of twitter and the fact that he remains can only be attributed to his colossal ego and need to be heard. He is an incessant attention whore who  cannot stand not to be in the forefront. We have truly entered into an age of an emperor having no clothes.
Happy Abuela
And Grandpa
Front lawn
While he is everyone’s problem life does go on. I know there are some ardent leftists who refuse to accept this inevitability but it does. My mundane world after work includes attacking the crab grass trying to intrude into the newly sprouted lawn. It’s almost like a Zen workout and I find I actually enjoy it. My Favorite Panamanian, whose back is finally starting to feel better, will sit out on the front steps while I dig away. Last night was fun because we ended up meeting a couple neighbors from down the street who were out walking their one year child around. My wife is intensely social and we were soon engaged in a twenty minute conversation that would never have happened if we weren’t hanging around outside and my wife’s gardens weren’t awesome which is what generated the conversation. It turned out they had put a bid in on our house when we bought it and had watched the changes we’ve made over the past couple years. This harkens back to times when people spent their evenings out on the front porches and actually interacted with neighbors. I’ll be back out weeding tonight.
Daughter and FBR in new Situation
Some big news emanating out of New Jersey. The FBR has graduated to a forward facing car seat. She’s always been a good little traveler but this changes the game and I anticipate some very direct interaction in terms of opinions issued from the back seat. She was feeling better last night but her parents made the mistake of mentioning my daughter’s teeth hurt a little bit from her recent wisdom tooth extraction. The FBR took this on and claimed her teeth also hurt. We got to see some of the ensuing warfare at the dinner table.
FBR and Wingman

Charming Non-Sleeper
The BRS decided to vary her established sleeping patterns. Both my Favorite Son and the ABFA were having a challenging week at work and the BRS felt they weren’t getting the full experience needed to fully hone their talents. A bad day at work followed by sleepless nights with a five month old is not the recipe for a fun summer week. Fortunately the BRS is so charming that it is impossible to hold it against her.
Day Care


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent FiancĂ© & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrivcal of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latin friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment