Friday, August 31, 2018

Bliss End

Tea Time With Abuela after Dinner is a New Tradition

I find it hard to credit that another September is upon us and with it comes the end of the weeklong visit of the FBR. While it can be exhausting for sixty year olds to keep pace with someone sixty years younger, that in no way dims the amount of joy my wife and I have drawn from having this little sprite flitting around the house. They’ve been a little more restricted to the house during this visit because my wife’s mother is not as mobile as needed for more adventuresome locales but I think the FBR has thoroughly enjoyed her time with us.
And Taken Very Seriously

We did get to see one of her “melt downs” yesterday just before nap time and I can now understand the awe these departures from her usual good humor can elicit. She did not want to go to take her nap and would not listen to either my wife or I. She awoke a couple hours later as her usual cheerful self and apologized when I returned home from work. She insisted on buying some fairly advanced puzzles (not for less than 3 year olds) and amazed all when she easily put all four together. She’s excited about her mom and dad’s arrival today and made us promise she could show them the completed puzzles.
Puzzle Master




I did re-learn the lesson about how difficult it can be to get ready for work with a two year old firmly attached to your hip. She’s an industrious little bugger and always volunteers to help. I was cleaning the downstairs bathroom this morning and she wanted to be part of the effort. I gave her a paper towel and she happily started wiping down the sink while I got the toilet (division of labor don’tcha know). I firmly locked the upstairs bathroom door while I was getting ready for work and when I came out I found the FBR modeling her abuela’s vast shoe collection. She would don a pair and then walk across the room to the mirror. Some of the high heels were hilarious with sadly no camera present to capture it. She was very serious about the whole effort and even put each pair back where she found them. Proper respect for footwear is apparently an inherited trait and we know where she got it from my Favorite Panamanian.
Deckzilla Craft Time


Helping Abuela with Laundry



Birthday Girl with BRS and Husband
Yesterday marked the birthday of one of my favorite people in the world – the ABFA’s mom. One of the true delights on bringing the ABFA into the family was the attendant arrival of her parents as part of the deal. I treasure each time we get to hang out together and I can see where the ABFA acquired her grace, intelligence, and determination. So Happy Birthday to a very special lady.
Going to Miss Having her Around.  So.  Much.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent FiancĂ© & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got invole din planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latin friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment